CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

& Lent Begins!

So first, let me apologize for the delay in posting any recent blogs. It's been a little crazy around here with work, family, and the other crap! I promise this weekend to catch up and post the craziness that has been my life the past couple of weeks!

So today Lent Begins. Today, Ash Wednesday, you are supposed to give up one of your weaknesses to bring you closer to God. 6 weeks of giving up something you love- ugh it's a challenge.

So I had a few choices of what I was going to give up (here is the list that I had to chose from)

Pasta: I love pasta and I pretty much eat it as much as I can. It's my comfort food

Caffeine: Including Ice Tea and Coffee. Two things I live off of throughout the day.

Sweets: Again, something that is very hard for me to stay away from. I work at a company that every other Wednesday brings in Sweet Breads. Plus all the manufacturers every other day (it seems like) brings in cupcakes, cream puffs, ice cream, smoothies, chocolate, candy, etc. It's hard to say no at 2:00 when you need that last pick me up to get through the last 3 hours.

I decided to give up FAST FOOD/JUNK FOOD another weakness. When I am working and you only have 15 minutes to grab something it's usually unhealthy. This will be another challenge for me. We have trainings over lunch and they bring in Pizza or JUNK that i know better then to eat, but can't resist!

So for the next 6 weeks I am going to keep my promise to God to stay away from Fast Food/Junk Food. If Jesus could walk in the desert for 40 days and 40 nights with only bread and water I think I can go with out french fries.

I would love to know what else everyone is giving up. Leave a comment. We can support each other!

0 comments: